Improvements at Beaudesert
“Some of these projects were able to be lifted from our adopted 10-year infrastructure capital works program, so it’s great we’ve been able to bring them forward.
“The primary goal of the program is to stimulate employment by supporting projects that will have lasting benefits for community assets and promote economic development,” he said.
Mr Christensen said Coronation Park in Boonah would receive a car park upgrade, including stormwater works, and Selwyn Park would receive new driveways, car parking spaces and a fencing realignment.
“Tamborine Mountain’s Vonda Youngman Community Centre and the Boonah Cultural Centre will see an overhaul of their air-conditioning systems.
“Both of these facilities are widely used by the community for a range of events and the replacement of air-conditioning will be welcomed by the many participants who use and visit these centres,” he said.
An additional recycling bay at the Bromelton Transfer Station will also be built.
“Rehabilitating the road pavement in the Beaudesert Enterprise Precinct will provide a much needed improvement to the aged pavement that is nearing the end of its useful life,” Mr Christensen said.
Projects – 2021-2024 Scenic Rim community stimulus program
• Beaudesert Enterprise Precinct pavement rehabilitation
• Bromelton transfer station recycling bay construction
• Car park and access driveways upgrades at Selwyn Park and Coronation Park
• Community and Cultural Centres – air conditioning upgrade
• Community and council facilities upgrades
• Upgrades to playground shade structure and replace picnic shelters in selected parks
• Install new upright piano – The Centre
• Install new perimeter fencing – Beaudesert Nursery
• New chemical controller, replace gas heater, new pool blanket rollers – Beaudesert Pool
• Replace roof – Beechmont Old School
• Upgrade roof -Boonah Cultural Centre
• Replace air conditioner – Boonah Sports Complex
• Upgrade cinema – Boonah Cultural Centre
• Replace rusted posts and concrete – Springleigh Park BBQ Rotunda
• Replace thermal pool blankets, new chemical controller – Canungra Pool
• Replace various sections of concrete and minor upgrade – Moriarty Park Skatepark
• Upgrade stage curtains and rigging – Kooralbyn Community Centre
• Upgrade playground – Rathdowney Memorial Grounds
• Replace electric heat pump, new chemical controller – Tamborine Mountain Swimming Pool
• Install new stairs for stage – Vonda Youngman Community Centre
• Replace effluent tanks – Tamborine Mountain Botanic Gardens